Just wanted to make a quick report from the front lines of Fitch Middle School, where I was blessed last week with the chance to develop my own lessons and teach a unit on nutrition. Nutrition is part of the science curriculum, and because one of the teachers I work with knew my interest in nutrition she allowed me to take her class over for the week. Believe me, we weren’t just learning about the food pyramid.
- Magnesium: a deeper look into vitamins and minerals
- Reading food labels in the classroom
- Who needs swine flu vaccines?
- Veganism: the good, the bad, the plan
- Beyond the food label
- Reassessing soy
- Dairy: An in depth and comprehensive guide
- Sugar crisis in youths
- Poor nutrition and chronic disease